Monday, September 1, 2008

satisfying my cake craving.

i finally got around to baking today! my aunt who evacuated from lafayette is staying with us for awhile so i decided to make the super moist chocolate cake from vegweb i've been dying to try. no, really, i think i have been dying from cake withdrawal. it's been two weeks since i last had some! thank god i had an excuse to make one.



basically the only change i made to the recipe was to replace about 1/3rd of the cocoa powder with dark cocoa powder. i am a huge fan of dark chocolate. if it was humanly possible to marry it, i would.

i made some frosting from a recipe i found somewhere (don't remember) that was basically a container of silken tofu, a few tablespoons of cocoa, some vanilla, and a lot of powdered sugar. it ended up like pudding. i tried adding more powdered sugar and it just got sweeter. i tried adding a bit of toffuti cream cheese but it didn't thicken up at all. so i just poured it over and topped it with some strawberries.




my cake presentation skills are severely lacking, but at least it tasted good. i am really nothing like my mother. she made me a chocolate treasure chest cake for my 6th birthday. literally, a treasure chest made out of cake. she filled it with chocolate coins and all this other stuff. insane.

i just realized how many food pictures i have with strawberries in them!

11 comments:

shelby said...

mmm I love strawberries! I find that almost all of my breakfast posts have them in them!


The cake looks amazing!

JennShaggy said...

Thank you :) Cheesy puns are always welcome at my blog.

sportsnutritionliving said...

Hey just found your blog... love the cake looks so good! Have you ever made any vegan pudding .. I have been trying to find a good mix/recipe... thanksQ!

River said...

Chocolate - good!
Strawberries - goood!
Your cake - gooooood!

It looks super gooey and delicious!

By the way, you can't have too many strawberries - keep'em coming! :)

Megan the Vegan said...

gorgeous!

Celine said...

your presentation skills are so NOT lacking! I love it. and would dig in right now if I could.

talieworld said...

Hey, I just found your blog to!
The cake looks great, I'm a horrible cake froster, so I usually leave em' plain. :)

I see you do ballet, me to! How long have you been dancing?

talieworld said...

I've only been dancing for three years, but I've always done it 3-4 hours everyday. I only started ballet last year though, and its probably my worst! I do more contemporary and jazz.

I stopped dancing at a studio this year since I started college, but I do modern at school and plan to get back in a studio in a few months.

Josie said...

Those pictures are very pretty! Love the combo of chocolate and strawberries!

VeggieGirl said...

Your skills are NOT lacking whatsoever - that cake is magnificent!!

I just discovered your blog today - I love it!! Looking forward to reading more posts :0)

ed said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品

視訊聊天室

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人